- Free Agency will be divided between an auction and a weekly draft.
- Following the rookie draft, owners will be asked to submit a list of their top twenty four most desired free agents. The commissioner will then create an auction schedule of the twenty-four most sought after free agents and distribute it to the league. The auction will begin one week after the rookie draft and last for approximately two weeks.
- The auction will take place on the message boards and each player will be given their own thread. An auction will end only after a full twenty-four hours has elapsed on the last legal bid. To ensure that each auction is easy to monitor, do not make any non-bid post in a player thread.
- An owner is permitted to make a bid anywhere between 100k and 10M, as long as it is divisible by 100k and is greater than the previous bid. For a bid to be legal, the owner's bid on the current player, plus any currently winning bids on other players in the auction, plus 100k per player needed to reach thirty active players, cannot exceed the team's salary cap. In addition, the addition of the player cannot result in the team exceeding the roster limit.
- The only exception during the bidding process is that multiple teams are allowed to make a maximum bid on a player. The team with the better three-year winning percentage will win the tie breaker and be awarded the player.
- Three weeks after the rookie draft, the weekly Free Agent draft will begin.
- Draft order will be set based on a team's winning percentage from the previous season. We will use a method similar to the NBA's ping-pong approach to create a new draft order for each week of the Free Agent draft. The best, non-playoff team from the prior season gets sixteen ping-pong balls, all the way up to the worst team, who gets one ping-pong balls. The eight playoff teams will always go exactly in order of their final records (worst-to-first) to finish out a round.
- For each week of the free agent draft, each owner will submit a list of players they want to the commissioner's email account. The owner may specify a series of rules in which they would like the players taken from their list, such as "select at least 1 SP by the 2nd pass."
- For the first week of the draft, a team may select up to two players at 4M each. For each subsequent week of the draft, a team may select as follows: three players at 3M; four players at 2M; five players at 1M; fifteen players at 500k; thirty players at 100k. By the conclusion of the draft, all teams must have a legal roster.
- An owner is allowed to list as many players as they would be willing to sign at that week's given price. It is also possible that due to the size of their list, a team may not sign any players in a given round. If a team wishes to skip a round entirely, they must send an e-mail explicitly stating so.
- At no point during free agency, may a team exceed either their salary cap or the roster limit to select a player. Any player selected in either the auction and/or the weekly free agent draft cannot be traded until the conclusion of free agency.